Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Easy and Beautiful Fall Wreath

You might have noticed that I have been a little obsessed with wreaths lately. The only problem is that we don't have a lot of storage in our little apartment. So, when I was designing a fall wreath for our front door,  I knew that I needed something versatile enough to last through the Christmas season too. After much deliberation,  I decided on a simple, classic moss wreath with a big and beautiful bow. The trick is in the bow! I made the bow easily removable so that it can be removed and replaced with a Christmas bow in a couple of months. Here is how it all went down...

Materials:
Hot glue gun, bag of glue sticks
Reindeer Moss (approximately 4 bags)
18" Straw wreath
1 roll Wired Ribbon of your choosing for the bow
Ribbon Wire
Flexible hold hairspray (strong but not extra firm because that will change the look of the moss)

Technique:
-Remove plastic wrap from straw wreath. (This can be a little messy because the straw goes everywhere. I would suggest putting down some a cloth or newspaper to catch all of the falling straw.)

-Working slowly and in small sections, begin to glue the reindeer moss to the wreath form. Work all the way around the entire wreath (front and back). Every part of the wreath form should be covered. Then I sprayed the entire wreath with a light coat of hairspray to hold the moss in place.

-Now it is time to make the bows! If you didn't see my last post, here is a great Bow Tying Tutorial . I purchased two beautiful rolls of wired ribbon, one in fall colors and one in Christmas colors. I created my bow using the above tutorial.


**To secure the bow to the wreath I used ribbon wire instead of glue. This way I can easily change it when Christmas rolls around. There you go, a classic wreath that can take you from fall to Christmas with just a simple change!!

No comments:

Post a Comment